Wednesday 7 December 2011

A Lonely River

© 2011 Shubhankar Adhikari
Title - Lonely River
Watercolour on paper (11" x 7.5") 

People often get confused thinking how the artist plans to start a painting. I have some different approach regarding this matter. Sometimes I make some initial sketch by drawing some basic lines with pencil or pen ,sometimes I also start painting directly with brushes fully loaded with colours. I always advise my students to keep the initial sketch simple and purposeful. I have also said you earlier  that limiting your palette will drive you to concentrate more on your values.

In this painting I have again used the white of the paper  in the background and the foreground . I have also used the backside of my brush to bring the effect of the big trees beside the bank of the river. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...